1.11.2010

Coaching Works! I've Been in Your Shoes...

It's easy for someone to say something works because it's what they do for a living.  One reason I was able to become a life coach was based on the fact that I had success in being coached myself!  I was about 23 when I met with Miriam Drake in St. Louis for coaching.  At the surface level, I wasn't sure what career I wanted to pursue.  In reality,  I knew what I wanted to do but I was just unsure about how to land the job with no direct experience.  So, she coached me through my career options and provided me with some advice and contacts to get me started.  Using the skills gained through coaching, I landed my first ad industry job in Chicago.  From there, I applied the same skills to find jobs in Manhattan and Los Angeles.  Ten years later, I can tell you that if it weren't for my successful coaching experience, I couldn't be here now saying that it's truly quicker, easier and less stressful than trying to do it all on your own.

Having a coaching practice now, being thanked by your clients week after week is truly special, but what makes it worthwhile for me is knowing my clients are creating long-term benefits and skills from our time together.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, you've always had the gift of perception, perspective and, best of all, unwavering honesty. These will all add up to make you super successful with Nudge. I can't wait to see how it all evolves!


    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, this is very thoughtful of you to say this. As impatient as I am at times, I HAVE to wait to see how it evolves. Developing great patience has been a gift.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory