1.04.2010

New Year = Now What?


Sometimes, people get lost in the holidays and don’t recover from them financially or physically until sometime in February or March!  The combination of overindulging with food and drink with family and friends leaves people feeling fat and spending more than they wanted to on gifts, holiday travel, etc. may leave many feeling broke.  Then, we add stress by making resolutions during this chaotic time instead of waiting until the chaos has passed to start fresh.  Trying to enforce progress when you are experiencing regress will not result in success.  Don’t pressure yourself to achieve all you want to accomplish this year into the first few months.  Give yourself time to catch up if you need to.  You can begin making and executing your plans but be sure not to use time as an allowance for procrastination.  This is just one area where nudge can help!

On a personal note, I like to think of the first day of spring as my New Year.  My birthday is the second day of the season which helps.  I use December and January to really set my goals for I want to do for the upcoming year and start nudging myself into the right direction.  That way, when my New Year comes along, I'm already successfully implementing many things that will help me get even closer to achieving my goals.  Realistically, New Year's resolutions should be made in October or November so that come January, you're already implementing your plan, not just starting to create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory